705/899 Richard White Way
Fairfield, CT 06824
Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
Want to know more about Pollinator Pathway initiatives in Town? Check out the PP newsletter and pictures of Pollinator Pathway gardens. Reach out to the Forestry Committee to learn more about upcoming projects or to get involved.
Most Requested Information
- For questions or concerns about the health or safety of a Town tree, enter a service request, or call (203) 256-3178.
- Visit the Tree Planting Program web page for more information on Fairfield's Plant-a-Tree Program.
The care of Fairfield's trees.
About the Tree Warden
Fairfield’s Tree Warden is Jeff Minder. Jeff’s knowledge of plants and extensive experience make him a real asset to our Town.
The Tree Warden is responsible for the planting, preservation, care, and, when necessary, removal of all trees, shrubs, and other vegetation along town roads, within public places, and on town property. The Tree Warden reports to the Director of Public Works and has an office in the Public Works Garage.
The powers and duties of the Tree Warden consist of:
- care for and control all trees and shrubs in whole or part within the limits of any public road or grounds in the Town (CT General Statue 23-59);
- participate in the Town’s planning and development process;
- manage Department of Public Works Tree Division;
- appoint members of the Forestry Committee;
- plan and implement public outreach and education initiatives;
- manage and oversee the Town’s Tree Planting Program;
- pursue grants and other funding to implement the Town's Community Forest Management Plan.
Visit the Tree Planting Program to do your part to Re-Tree Fairfield!