The Town of Fairfield offers winter storage to boat owners. Winter storage is sold on a "first come, first served" basis beginning Tuesday October 1, 2019. Winter trailer storage runs from Tuesday October 1, 2019 to Sunday May 17, 2020 at the South Benson Marina guest lot. Winter wet storage begins November 18, 2019 through April 14, 2020 at H and I docks. There is adequate space for 120+ trailered boats and 136 in water slips.
All dry land storage vessels must be on a trailer. The use of cradles, jackstands (poppits) and blocks (dunnage) is not permitted. The removal or application of anti-fouling paint is strictly forbidden. All in water stored vessels must have a functioning automatic bilge pump and a "smart" or trickle charger. The Marina provides single phase 30 amp shore power for this purpose.
How to Obtain Winter Storage
Winter storage contract processing begins Tuesday October 1st at Sullivan Independence Hall, Department of Public Works Administration office from 8:30 to 4:30 Mon. - Fri. Click here to access a copy of the Winter Storage Application. Applications may be submitted in person or via email to Marina@fairfieldct.org. The following must be provided:
- A completed and signed application
- a copy of the current vessel registration (expiration date next April)
- a copy of your insurance which covers the dates of land storage on Town property
- CT Drivers license
- Proof of Residency (utility bill)
- payment (cash, check or credit card)
There are very specific guidelines for winter storage. Please read the Winter Storage Rules and Regulations prior to submitting your winter storage application.
Storage rates are set by the Parks and Recreation Commission.
Trailer storage rates are $20.00 per foot for residents and $40.00 for non-residents. Trailer stored boats cannot be longer than 36'.
Wet storage rates are $500 for residents and $1000 for non-residents. Boats must be between 26' to 36' and have an automatic bilge pump.
Trailered boat parking begins at the guest lot. Once the guest lot is full, parking will move to the adjoining launch ramp parking lot in the established trailer spaces. If there is sufficient demand, a portion of the lot near the skateboard park will then be used.
The limit for trailered boat length is 40 feet.
Please park your boat at the numbered space that corresponds to your storage decal. These spaces will be set at a 45 degree angle to the curb. Please be sure to park your boat within the space.
Things to Remember
- Before covering the boat for the winter please be sure to remove the registration and important documents. You will be required to show your registration when renewing your slip in February.
- Remove all valuables such as stainless steel propellers and anchors, GPS,radios, stereos, binoculars, fishing rods and reels, tools, etc.
- Lock your cabin and trailer hitch.
- Check on your boat frequently.