About the Town Facilities Commission
# of Members:
Party Balance Required?:
Three Years (3 Term Limit)
Board of Selectmen and RTM
Town Code - Chapter 39A
The Town Facilities Commission is charged with the implementation of building projects.
Powers and Duties
- Creating project building committees of less than full membership for implementation of individual building projects.
- One to three members of a feasibility committee (appointed by the Board of Selectmen) for a project shall be assigned to a project building committee by appointment of the Town Facilities Commission
- For town projects the first selectman may designate a representative to a project building committee.
- For Board of Education projects, the superintendent of schools may designate a representative.
- Being accessible to the town and the Board of Education as a resource regarding facilities planning, facilities management and utiity conservation
Duties may include:
- Requesting to add members to a project building committee. Members must be appointed by the Board of Selectmen and the RTM.
- Requesting the assistance of public officials of employees (purchasing, legal, building, fire marshall staff) to help carry out duties.
- Requesting annual funding for clerical or professional services through the town budget process, under the Department of Public Works budget line.