The Town of Fairfield's Sustainable Fairfield Task Force has put together a Sustainability Plan for the Town.
The plan is:
- Authored by the Sustainable Fairfield Task Force, a group of citizen-volunteers working in cooperation with Town officials and other stakeholders to advance the broader use of clean, renewable energy sources Town-wide, help safeguard the Town’s natural environment, and make Fairfield a more sustainable community
- Designed to be comprehensive in scope; it will eventually reflect dozens of action areas that have an impact on Fairfield’s environmental health, quality and sustainability
- Modular in format, to ensure that its focus areas and action items are clear, concise and easily tracked
- Transparent in presenting its specific goals and, just as importantly, the metrics to be used to assess progress toward those goals
- A dynamic, evolving document, with additional focus areas and goals to be added in line with our Town’s evolving needs and opportunities as well as feedback from our citizens
- Your plan – We want the entire Fairfield community to engage with and help shape our Town’s sustainability efforts, and so we strongly encourage residents to offer their comments and ideas for making our efforts even more powerful and effective
Click here to view the most current version of the Sustainability Plan. Click here to view information on public comment workshops.