The Town of Fairfield's Road Closures Map displays all known emergency road closures due to flooding, trees, wires and disabled vehicles that have been reported to the Town's Emergency Communications Center. It is updated frequently during major storms and other emergencies. This project is in development and additional features and functions will be added in the future.
Five different icons based on cause are displayed on the map. A green icon indicates the road is open; orange, road is partially closed; red, road is closed. Click on the individual icons for more information. During storms it remains Emergency Management's recommendation that residents stay off all roads for safety to avoid creating additional emergencies and to allow emergency services to respond and to clear roads. Click here to view the map.
Town Closures and Cancellations
- NEW! United Illuminating customers can sign up to receive Power Outage Alerts specifically related to their account via text, email or voice on United Illuminating's Alerts web page.
- Contact United Illuminating' s automated phone line to report power outages - 1-800-722-5584. If you see someone in imminent danger due to damaged electrical equipment or downed lines, you should call 911 first. Please note that power cannot be restored while sustained wind speeds are above 35 mph.
- If the service line serving your home is damaged, click here to read "What's Ours, What's Yours" (published by United Illuminating), to determine what you are responsible for fixing before crews can safely restore service.
- Visit United Illuminating's Online Storm Center for a map of current power outages, restoration priorities and other information related to power outages including UI's Frequently Asked Outage Questions.
Downed Cable and Telephone Lines
- Treat all downed wires as potentially live.
- In determining who to call, generally the highest lines are electric, middle lines are cable, and lowest are usually telephone lines.
- Cable service in Fairfield is provided by Optimum (formerly Cablevision). To report a downed cable line call 203-336-2225, press '1' for English ('2' for Spanish), then your phone number if a customer or '1' if not, then follow the directions. Visit Optimum's Storm Preparedness web page for more information.
- Telephone lines in Fairfield are now owned by Frontier. To report a downed telephone line call Frontier's service department at 1-800-239-4430 and press '1' for Customer Service, then '1' again for Service for the Home, then '3' to Report a Problem and finally '4' for Other. You do not need to be a Frontier customer. Frontier will create a repair ticket and provide you with an approximate completion date for the repair. The ticket status can then be checked online. You will need to keep track of the ticket number.
General Storm-Related Resources