Slip Applications (South Benson)
2020 Application Due Date: Wednesday, February 19, 2020
There is currently a wait list for boat slips at South Benson Marina. The Town of Fairfield offers right of first refusal to current slip holders. Applications are sent electronically by the Marina Coordinator to current slip holders and those coming off the wait list in late November/early December. Applications and payment are due by the application due date listed above. See slip fees and application requirements below.
Please note that there is no online application. Click here to view a sample application.
Slip fees at South Benson Marina are based on the size of the slip not the length of the vessel. Payment by credit card is available. There is a 3% convenience fee for all credit card transactions calculated pre-tax. Slip fees as of November 2019 are as follows:
|North I Dock
The application must be completed, signed, and returned, with full payment, to the Public Works Administrative Office, Sullivan Independence Hall by the close of business (430pm) on the due date listed above.
Application packet must include:
- Non-Refundable Payment - Cash or check payable to the Town of Fairfield. Credit Cards may be processed at our office or over the phone.
- Current Vessel Registration - Out of town vessel registrations are not permitted
- Liability Insurance - Declaration page to show coverage dates
- Proof of Residency - Utility bill w/ name and address (mortgage, bank statements tax bills insufficient)
- 2 Vehicle Registrations – For parking permits, both vehicles must be in the slip holder’s name and address
- CT Driver’s License - Copies are acceptable if by mail
If any of these required items are still missing from the packet by the due date listed above, a $250 late fee will be assessed.
Any application packet that is not complete and received in the office by the close of business on the slip forfeiture date listed above will result in the loss of slip.
All documentation and payments must be in the slip holder’s name and address. PO Boxes, LLC’s, FLP’s and business addresses not permitted. Where a partnership exists, the slip holder’s name must appear first on all documentation.
Outstanding fines and storage fees must be paid in full prior to renewal acceptance.
- The Parks and Recreation Commission now allows 2 (two) “M” parking stickers per slip.
- Vehicles must be registered in Fairfield. Businesses, LLC’s, FLP’s or PO Boxes will not be accepted.
- Per the Town of Fairfield Police and Parks & Recreation Commissions; the Marina parking “M” sticker rule will be enforced between Memorial Day and Labor Day on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Violations $80.00.
- Slip forfeiture may result if a slip is not occupied by the designated holder by July 15th.
- Boat Slip assignments may be changed at the discretion of the Marina Coordinator for various reasons, including navigation safety.
- For the purpose of assigning slips, per Section 16(w) - (Small & Medium) measurements are based on overall length from the factory installed attachment point on stern (D-Ring) to furthest forward projection. In the “large boat” category the overall measurements stated as the (footprint) per application includes outboard motors in the “up” position.
- If you would like to request a different slip for next season, please include a written request with your renewal documents stating the reason or you may contact the Marina Coordinator directly.
For more information visit our Frequently Asked Questions web page, call (203) 256-3010 or go the Public Works Department in John J. Sullivan/Independence Hall, 725 Old Post Road. Office hours are from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM Monday - Friday.