The Town of Fairfield's Department of Public Works is a member of the New England Chapter of the American Public Works Association, and we are participating for the first time in their annual food drive event, "Fill a Public Works Truck." This food drive is taking place during National Public Works Week, May 20-26, 2018, collecting food and provisions for Operation Hope and The Connecticut Food Bank.
Where can I donate?
- Old Town Hall – Town Clerk’s Office, 611 Old Post Road
- Independence Hall – Information Desk, 725 Old Post Road
- Fairfield Recreation – 75 Mill Plain Road
- Bigelow Center for Senior Activities – 100 Mona Terrace
- Fairfield Police Department – Information Desk, 100 Reef Road
- Fairfield Public Libraries – Downtown and Branch locations
- Fairfield American Little League – May 26, 9am-3pm at Gould Manor Park
- Fairfield National Little League – May 26, 9am-3pm at Melville & Tunxis Parks
- Fairfield Little League Girls' Softball – May 21-25, evenings at Dougiello Park
- Fairfield United Soccer – May 20, 9am-3pm at Old Dam Road
What can I donate? Healthy food such as canned fruit packed in 100% juice or water, dried fruit (raisins or prunes), unsweetened apple sauce, low sodium canned tomatoes or vegetables, low sodium soups, stews and broth, whole grain pastas and cereals, peanut butter, 100% fruit spreads, canned or dried beans, canned tuna, chicken or sardines, unsalted nuts or seeds, water or seltzer, 100% juices, low fat shelf-stable milk (Parmalat), tea bags, coffee, soap, shampoo, toothpaste/brushes, deodorant, laundry detergent and dryer sheets.
Questions about the food drive? Contact James Ryan, Building Maintenance Supervisor (203) 256-3177.
|Look for our truck!