Town of Fairfield News
5/20/2021 - COVID-19 VACCINE UPDATE - (5.20.21)
All individuals in Connecticut over the age of 12 are eligible to schedule a COVID-19 vaccination appointment. Please note, Pfizer is currently the only vaccine that is approved for individuals 12 and older. Moderna and Johnson & Johnson are only approved for those over the age of 18 years.
There are many vaccination locations nearby, with availability.
For locations throughout the State: CT Vaccine Portal
- Yale New Haven Health - If your Doctor is affiliated with Yale New Haven Health you can create an appointment through MyChart.
- Hartford HealthCare - Hartford HealthCare is taking vaccination appointments for their locations at Sacred Heart University and St. Vincent's Hospital in Bridgeport. For more information, you can find it here.
Stamford Hospital - You can check your eligibility and schedule an appointment with Stamford Hospital. For more information, please click here. Walgreens - There are limited
- Walgreens Pharmacies who are offering COVID-19 vaccinations throughout CT. For more information and a list of their locations, please see their website.
- CVS - There are limited CVS Pharmacies who are offering COVID-19 vaccinations throughout CT. For more information and a list of their locations, please see their website.
- Veteran's Affairs VA CT - Eligibility includes anyone who served in the military, spouses of veterans, and caregivers of veterans. Hosting several walk-in clinics. No appointment necessary.
If you received your vaccine with the Fairfield Health Department and registered through VAMS, you can print your vaccine certificate by logging into VAMS and going to “Print Certificate”. Keep that for your records. If you need a blank vaccination card please call the Covid-19 Call Center, 203-256-3082 and leave a message and it will be mailed to you.
Please be aware of two COVID-19 vaccine scams circulating. One scam is a phone call, email, or letter from a vaccine manufacturer (Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, or Moderna) asking for:
1. Social Security Number to help you get a vaccine appointment. You should NEVER give out your Social Security number for the vaccine.
2. Offering cash rewards or gift cards in exchange for completing a survey. The survey asks for personal information, such as your date of birth and insurance information.
The vaccine manufacturers will never contact you directly to gather information.
For accurate and regularly updated information about the COVID Vaccine, please visit the Fairfield Health Department Vaccine update page.
Fairfield's COVID-19 Vaccine Call Center at 203-256-3082
If you are a Fairfield resident with questions or are homebound and need to schedule a mobile COVID-19 vaccine appointment, you can call our COVID-19 Vaccination Call Center. At this time the Covid-19 call center is closed but messages are being returned within 24 hours. Please feel free to call and leave a message and someone will get back to you.
We will continue to post the latest information on the Town website, and the social media pages for the Health Department, the Town of Fairfield and First Selectwoman's Office. For a full listing of those social media pages, click here.
Fairfield County COVID-19 Vaccine Survey
Fairfield County leaders are inviting community members to share their opinions about COVID-19 vaccines. By taking the COVID-19 Vaccine Survey, you’ll help us better understand the needs of our community during the pandemic and beyond. Please take a few minutes to complete the COVID-19 Vaccine Survey by clicking here.