Vaccine Information: COVID-19 vaccine is in high demand and unfortunately, the Fairfield Health Department has limited appointment availability.
In addition to the Fairfield Health Department there are other vaccination locations nearby or with some availability. Additionally, you can check out the CT Vaccine Portal for locations throughout the State.
- Yale New Haven Health - If your Doctor is affiliated with Yale New Haven Health you can create an appointment through MyChart.
- Hartford HealthCare - Hartford HealthCare is taking vaccination appointments for their location at St. Vincent's Hospital in Bridgeport. For more information, you can find it here.
- Stamford Hospital - You can check your eligibility and schedule an appointment with Stamford Hospital. For more information, you can find it here.
- Walgreens - There are limited Walgreens Pharmacies who are offering COVID-19 vaccinations throughout CT. For more information and a list of their locations, please see their website.
- CVS - There are limited CVS Pharmacies who are offering COVID-19 vaccinations throughout CT. For more information and a list of their locations, please see their website.
If you are having difficulty scheduling your appointment through VAMS, please see these helpful links: VAMS Navigation Instructions and How to Create your VAMS Account and Schedule Your First Appointment.
Phase 1a individuals include:
* Healthcare Personnel: all paid and unpaid persons serving in healthcare settings who have potential for direct or indirect exposure to patients or infectious materials.
* Long Term Care Facility Residents: adults who reside in facilities that provide a range of services, including medical and personal care, to persons who are unable to live independently.
* First Responders at risk of exposure to COVID-19 through their responses to medical emergencies such as Emergency Medical Technicians, Police, and Fire.
Phase 1b individuals eligible at this time include:
*Those who are 75 years old and older. Proof of age will be required at the clinic.
*Residents and staff of select congregate settings: halfway homes, inpatient mental health facilities, homeless shelters, domestic violence shelters, substance use and residential treatment facilities.
*Those who are over the age of 16 years. Proof of age will be required at the clinic. Please note, the Health Department currently only offers Moderna vaccine which is only approved for those over the age of 18 years.
*Educators and staff in preK-12th grade and childcare professionals.
If you fall under Phase 1a, an educator/staff in preK-grade 12, or a childcare professional, you should register through your employer. For those in the Phase 1B category of 16 and older, you must complete the State form below: