Join Fairfield CARES and Insight Counseling for a unique workshop that helps you keep your teenager safe and yourself sane.
Thursday, October 17th, 2019, 7-8:30 p.m.
Board of Education Conference Room
501 Kings Highway East (2nd Floor)
Fairfield, CT 06825
This is a free event - all are welcome
A fun and informative program for parents
Workshop Leader Liz Driscoll Jorgensen, CADC, is a counselor and owner of Insight Counseling, LLC, and the mother of four children, two of whom are grown. In addition to parenting her own teenagers, she shares over 28 years of professional experience with parents in an easy and humorous manner. Liz has presented professional workshops nationally, including at Harvard and Dartmouth Universities, as well as hundreds of parenting programs. She has been a consultant to Newport Academy and Caron Treatment Centers, has received a congressional award in 1994 and numerous awards for her professional and community service.
A workshop for parents and educators
- How to understand adolescent development. “What is normal?”
- How to set effective limits with pre-teens and teens in areas of technology, socializing, sexuality and much more!
- How to keep your teen safe from alcohol and other drug use.
- How to have a sense of humor and “walk away” from your teenager’s intense moods.
- How to increase the partnership with your co-parent to create team parenting strategies. How to create and increase your network of likeminded parents.
- How to enjoy your teenager and laugh with them more!