Establishing or Expanding a Business
The Office of Community & Economic Development wants to help business owners open or expand their business ventures in Fairfield and offers the following services and more:
- Site Finder: Find a site for your commercial, industrial, or retail property for sale or lease in town.
- Micro-Enterprise Assistance: A grant program to provide entrepreneurs with training, technical assistance and start up capital to eligible new or expanding small businesses with five or fewer employees. Restrictions apply.
- State-of-the-Art Database: Get all the information and market analyses to help choose the best location for your business: the Office of Community & Economic Development has access to a business database that can precisely pinpoint information crucial to your business location: area incomes, employment data, traffic counts and much more.
- Regulatory Assistance: The Office of Community & Economic Development will help businesses and site developers navigate through the process of permits and approvals necessary to get business started. The Office will assist with applications to the Town Plan and Zoning Commission and Conservation Commission and other relevant boards/commissions and even testify on their behalf at board hearings.
- The Office of CED will assist, as much as possible, with overall business plans for those wishing to relocate.