Community Health Services
The Health Department provides many services to the community. These services include:
Well Child Clinic
The Town of Fairfield offers the following services to children ages five and under whose families meet income eligibility requirements.
- Childhood Immunizations (offered to all children under 5 regardless of family income) at a fee of $5 per immunization. Free to children whose families meet income eligibility requirements.
- Physical Exams by a Physician or Nurse Practitioner.
- WIC (Women, Infants and Children) Re-certification.
- Health Screening, including Blood and Urine Testing,
- Health Education.
- Home Visits as needed.
- Dental Screenings.
For questions about the Well Child Clinic or to make an appointment, please call 203-256-3150.
Adult and Pediatric Vaccinations
Adult and pediatric Influenza vaccinations are offered each fall. Pneumococcal Pneumonia vaccinations are available. Other vaccination services through partner agencies include Shingles, TDAP, MMR, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, and Meningococcal Vaccinations.
The CT Department of Public Health has provided the Fairfield Health Department with a small supply of Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis) vaccines in an effort to vaccinate all eligible individuals against pertussis (whopping cough). Adults over the age of 18 years who have or anticipate having close contact with infants younger than 12 months of age, including parents, siblings, grandparents, household contacts, adoptive families and caregivers are eligible to receive the state supplies Tdap vaccine FREE of charge, while supplies last.
Sexually Transmitted Disease Testing and Treatment
Confidential testing is available by calling 203 256-3150 or 203-256-3020.
Human Immunodeficiency Disease (HIV) Testing and Counseling
Confidential testing and counseling is available by calling 203 256-3150 or 203-256-3020.
Travel Immunization Information
Travel Immunizations are available through the following agencies:
- The Westport/Weston Health District 203-227-9571
- The Norwalk Health Department 203-854-7776
- Passport Health Fairfield 203-307-4951
- Available also at many of the pharmacies in town
Tuberculin Skin Testing
Skin testing for Tuberculosis is performed Monday through Wednesday for town residents by appointment only. Once the skin test is placed you will need to return 2-3 days later for the results. The fee for the test is $10.00. Call 203-256-3150 for an appointment.
Employee Health Services
The following services are provided to Town of Fairfield employees:
- Pre-employment physicals.
- Tuberculosis skin testing.
- Occupational Vaccinations – for those employees with specific exposure risks.