Office of the Tax Collector
David Kluczwski, Tax Collector
Old Town Hall
611 Old Post Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
PLEASE NOTE: The Tax Office is open to the public
Most Requested Information
- Tax and Sewer Bill Payments can be:
- Mailed to Tax Collector, PO Box 638, Fairfield, CT 06824
- Paid at any Peoples United Bank (current bills only; branch does not have to be in Fairfield)
- Paid in person at the Tax Collector’s Office between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm
- Paid online (includes a convenience fee)
- Tax due dates.
- Per state statute, if a tax or sewer use bill is not paid within one month of the installment due date, it is considered delinquent. For example, if a bill is due on July 1, it becomes delinquent if paid or post marked after August 1. If August 1 falls on a Saturday or Sunday, then the bill may be paid on the first business day of August without penalty.
- For more information see Frequently Asked Tax Questions.
- Information on how taxes are assessed, how tax rates are set, and how to appeal taxes should be directed to the Office of the Tax Assessor.
To collect all tax-related revenue and charges due to the Town of Fairfield in accordance with Connecticut General State Statutes; and to provide taxpayers information and assistance in a prompt, courteous and professional manner.