Building Permit Application Requirements
The following information is required in order to fill out the Building Permit Application
- Survey of property- not required for interior renovations.
- Detailed framing plan.
- Footing foundation plan.
- Elevation, floor and insulation plan.
- Typical cross-section view.
- Residential Energy Code Calculation Report (RESCHECK) for all additions and new home construction (See www.energycodes.gov).
- Call Before You Dig# for all additions and pools.
- Contractor's name, address, phone number and consumer protection registration number (license number).
- Owner's signature on permit application, or letter of authorization allowing contractor to pull permit.
- Plans drawn to scale, 1/8" per ft. minimum, on paper at least 18" x 24". Three (3) copies of plans to be submitted to the Building Department.
- Certificate of insurance for workers compensation with property owner listed as certificate holder.
- All mechanical permits are issued separately with their own fees.
ALL Building Permit Applications must be approved and stamped by the Town Plan & Zoning Department and the Conservation Department before the Building Department can issue the Permit. Also, where applicable, the following departments must also approve and stamp:
- Fire Marshal - For all commercial permits
- Engineering Dept - For all new home permits
- Health Dept - For properties w/septic systems, all pools and all rentals
- Sewer Dept - For properties connected to the town sewer system
- Tree Warden - For all trees on public property
ALL PERMITS & COs ARE ISSUED BETWEEN 8:30 & 10:30 AM, MONDAY to FRIDAY.