Connecticut offers a number of accommodations for voters who require extra assistance to cast their ballot. These include:
- A secure audio and touchscreen based accessible voting system available at each polling place for voters with vision and motor difficulties;
- Curbside voting available at each polling place for voters who find it difficult to travel into the polls;
- Magnifying sheets and chair-accessible voting booths at each polling place;
- Permanent absentee ballot status available for those whose disability prevents them from being able to vote in person on an ongoing basis; and
- Emergency absentee ballots available for those who suffer a sudden injury or hospitalization immediately before an election
If you or someone you know would like to take advantage of one of these accessible voting options and need more information, please do not hesitate to contact the Registrars' Office.