2015-2016 Annual Budget
The Town of Fairfield's budget process begins in January and ends in May. Below are dates and documents related to the approval of the Fiscal Year 2015-2016 Annual Budget (FY2016 - July 1 2015 to June 30 2016).
For general information on the budgeting process please visit our Annual Budget Process Overview web page.
The annual budget is voted on by four Town bodies. The voting dates for 2015 are as follows:
Most Requested Documents
The following is a list of the most requested documents. Handouts and all other budget documents may be accessed below. To see all documents from all years please visit the Finance Department's Forms and Documents web page and select budget information.
Here are the Budget Handouts related to the 2015-2016 budget process:
Listing files in '2015-2016 Handouts'
Use this dropdown box to see all documents related to the 2015-2016 budget process:
Listing files in '2015-2016 Budget Information'
Miss a budget hearing? Click the date below to watch FairTV's video coverage of the six BOF/BOS budget hearings.
||Monday, March 9
- Summary Budget Presentation by First Selectman
- Legal Services
- Internal Service Fund-Active Medical/Risk Management
Human Resources Administration
||Tuesday, March 10
- Retiree (OPEB, Pension)
- Finance (Purchasing, Administrative Services, Finance, Fund Balance, Assessor, Tax Collector, Board of Finance, Unemployment Compensation, Debt Service)
||Thursday, March 12
- Board of Education (Superintendent's Budget Presentation, BOE Budget, Health & Welfare Services, Private Bus Transportation)
Public Works (Building, Solid Waste & Recycling, Public Works Administration & Operations, Engineering, Street Lighting, WPCA)
||Wednesday, March 18
- Public Safety (Fire, Hydrant & Water, Emergency Management, Emergency Communications, Police, Animal Control)
Health and Welfare (Health, Human and Social Services)
||Thursday, March 19
- Administrative and General (Board of Selectmen, Town Clerk, FairTV, Registrar of Voters, Zoning Board of Appeals, Town Plan and Zoning, Probate Court, Historic District Commission, Conservation, Shellfish, Miscellaneous Contingencies, Community & Economic Development, Harbor Management Commission)
||Tuesday, March 24
- Information Technology
Culture and Recreation (Library, Parks & Recreation, Penfield Pavilion Complex, Waterfront & Marina, Golf Courses)
Miscellaneous (Not for Profit Organizations)
Final Followup if required (all departments)