The Office of Community and Economic Development is pleased to announce that funds are available to help residents fix up and improve their homes. Eligible homeowners can receive up to 60% of the total project cost, up to a maximum of $15,000 per qualified applicant, per year. Financial assistance is provided in the form of a special, no interest loan that is repaid when the owner sells, transfers the property, refinances or passes away.
Eligible home improvements include:
- exterior painting;
- siding or roofing projects;
- installation of new or replacement storm windows and doors;
- lead-based paint or asbestos abatement projects;
- installation of replacement boilers or hot water heaters;
- heating, plumbing or electrical improvements to address code deficiencies and
- modifications to accommodate persons with disabilities.
Applicants must be income eligible and Town of Fairfield residents to participate in this program. Certain other restrictions do apply.
For additional information, please contact the Office of Community and Economic Development, located at 611 Old Post Road, Fairfield, Connecticut, 06824, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (203) 256-3120.
Click here for application.