Sherman Green Banners
The Town of Fairfield is pleased to offer banner advertising space of Sherman Green. Please read all the information below before submitting a banner request. All requests are reviewed by the office of Community and Economic Development for availability and qualifying criteria. Approvals and denials are send via email within five working days.
Requests for banner hangings can be made online by filling out a Sherman Green Banner Request Form.
Organization - In order to have a banner placed by the Town of Fairfield at Sherman Green, the organization being promoted must be located in the Town of Fairfield and one of the following:
- a school (public or private)
- a civic organization
- cultural organization
- an arts organization
- a charity that has been designated as a 501(c)3 by the Internal Revenue Service
- a group (2 or more) of businesses promoting economic development
Purpose - The purpose of the banners are to promote the following:
- event being held within the borders of the Town of Fairfield (Fairfield or Southport)
- advertising a major anniversary of the organization located in Fairfield
Under no circumstances will any banner be used to promote an individual business that would be considered an advertisement for said business.
- Minimum of three (3) feet wide by six (6) feet long, and a
- Maximum of three-and-one-half (3.5) feet wide and ten (10) feet long by three-and-one-half feet wide
- Wind slot holes spaced appropriately for hanging
Delivery and Hanging
Sherman Green can hold a maximum of six banners. Each banner will be placed for two (2) consecutive weeks at a time. No individual, organization or business will be allowed to have placed more than one (1) banner for a two (2) week period per calendar quarter, unless space exists.
Banners are hung only on Mondays and must be dropped off at the Office of Community and Economic Development which is located on the second floor of Old Town Hall, 611 Old Post Road by 4 pm on the previous Wednesday.
The cost to hang a banner is $40 for two weeks and $30 for one week. Checks should be made payable to the Town of Fairfield and delivered or mailed to the Office of Community and Economic Development prior to hanging. Credit cards cannot be accepted at this time.
All revenue from banner hanging goes to the Downtown Improvement Fund.
Other Advertising Options
In addition to hanging a banner, you can also request that your event be added to the Town of Fairfield's Event calendar and be listed on FairTV, Fairfield's Educational and Government Public Access channels.
Please contact the Office of Community and Economic Development at 203-256-3120 or e-mail Andrea Flynn at email@example.com with any questions.